Holidays Alter Casper Trash Collection Schedule; Trees Can Be Recycled
The Christmas and New Year’s holidays will delay garbage collection for most City of Casper customers, according to a news release.
The city will collect Tuesday’s route on Wednesday, Wednesday’s route on Thursday, Thursday’s route on Friday, and Friday’s route on Saturday.
Collection will happen as usual on Monday, Dec. 24 and Monday, Dec. 31. Residents should have their trash containers placed on the street next to the curb by 7 a.m.
The Solid Waste Facility, 1886 Station Road, will be open from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and closed on Christmas and New Year’s days, said the city's solid waste manager Cindie Langston, "We are pleased to also announce the opening of our Christmas tree recycling depots on Dec. 21."
The compost yard at the Solid Waste Facility accepts yard waste and tree branches year-round.
"During the Christmas season, in addition to the compost yard, we set up Christmas tree drop-off locations throughout town," Langston said. "All trees must be free of lights, tinsel, and ornaments. Christmas trees are not accepted for extra collection.”
The drop-off locations, open round-the-clock daily until Jan. 25, are at these locations:
- Valley Drive and Iris Street near the Paradise Valley Swimming Pool.
- Wyoming Boulevard recycling depot across from the west entrance to the Natrona County Fairgrounds.
- Mike Sedar Park Pool Area.
- Huber Park.
- 13th Street and Sycamore Ball field.
- Viking Court by the sidewalk overpass at Blackmore Road and Wyoming Boulevard.
- North Casper Athletic Complex on East “K” Street near the recycling depot.
Residents who are unable to take their tree to a drop-off location may schedule an appointment for curbside pickup. Appointments are limited and must be made by Jan. 11th.
To make appointments or for more information, call (307) 235-8246.