Which Flavor Of Pie Will Wyoming Celebrate PI Day With?
Pi, which is one of the most well-known mathematic terms, may also be the most confusing math term.
If it's been a while...
Pi is the ratio of a circles circumference to it's diameter.
Yep, I had to google it too. It's been a long time since I've actually had to use it to figure out a math problem. If you hit the Pi button on your calculator, you're going to get 3.141592653589793...and it'll stop somewhere around there. Technically, it will go on forever.
I may've not used Pi to figure a math problem in a while, but like you, I've used a pie a time or two.
Pizza pie, fruit pie, custard pie, or Shepherds pie are my go-to pies, and I assume yours too.
When I was looking through how I was going to celebrate Pi(e) day today, I was looking at the types of pie that are popular in the U.S.A. and was a bit shocked by what was popular.
Shopping App, Instacart, recognized that Apple pie was the #1 pie in the country, but they did a survey of the unique pie flavor enjoyed by each state in the U.S.
There were some interesting choices and surprisingly similar selections in certain parts of the country.
- The most unique pie choice in Wyoming and Colorado was Peach Pie.
- Most of the rest of the West ate a lot of Pumpkin Pie.
- The Midwest were big fans of Cherry Pie.
- Parts of the South were big fans of Pecan Pie
- The Southeast went bonkers for Key-lime Pie
- Blueberry seems to reign supreme in the Northeast.