The 5 Weirdest Things That Can Kill You In The Cowboy State
TSM Media Center
I don't want this to come off as a negative piece so I'll do my best to keep it as light-hearted and humorous as possible.
We all know that death is a part of life and we will all meet our end at some point so this is a list of things that you should really avoid/look out for if you don't want to meet your end sooner than you should.
1. Icicles: I suppose I hadn't really thought about how dangerous these things can be but they apparently kill 15 people every year in the U.S. (It didn't stop us from taking them on our walks to and from school.)
2. Midget Faded Rattlesnake: These little guys are found all throughout the cowboy state but they tend to hind and blend in with their environment which means that you'll encounter more of them in rocky areas just off of hiking trails. I've personally never been bitten but I can only imagine it's not a pleasant way to go.
3. Being Left Handed: This seems like one of those things that you read and really strain your brain on how in the world an incident like this would occur. Though it hasn't been confirmed that 2,500 people die from being left-handed every year, they are more prone to being injured from using products that are made for right-handers.
4. Avalanches: Although it's not nearly as deadly as some things on this list, two avalanches killed three people back in the 90s.
5. Your Bed: Yeah, you read that right. On average 450 people die every year from falling out of their bed. I hope you sleep well tonight with that fun fact noodling around in your head.