What To Do With The Kids Now That School Has Ended?
Summertime, as we all remember, was one of the best things about being a kid. The weather was nice you didn't have some teacher sending you home with school work and of course being able to wander around the neighborhood with all of your hooligan friends.
To ensure that you won't be short on any fun activities for the kids this summer I've found some great things that the kids will enjoy, but they also won't leave you bored out of your mind while hanging with the kids.
1. The movie theater is a great way to spend a few hours checking out some of the best animated movies for cheap. They have the summertime special where you can get the movie pass to check out 11 movies for just $8!
2. Take your kids on a tour of the local police station or the local fire stations. I remember doing this when I was a kid and it was so much fun to hang out with our local heroes. They might even let the kids set off the sirens. That's a summer memory they'll have for years to come.
3. Become a tourist in your hometown. There is so much to discover in Casper that we drive by every day. So take a day and visit some of the historical places in town and not only learn something, but teach your kid a thing or two as well.
4. Build a garden in the backyard. It'll give you both something to do when you wake up in the morning and when things start to pop out of the ground your kids will be so excited to see what they've done.
5. The Platte River runs right through our town. It's a perfect place to teach a kid how to fish. Just the other day when I was visiting my parents out in P.V. I saw a group of young kids walking toward the river with all their fishing gear. It brought back several memories of my friends and myself doing that exact same thing all those years ago.
6. The Link in downtown Casper is also a great place for older kids (13-17) to hang out and make some new friends throughout the summer.