Money Magazine Wrongly Believes Cheyenne is Better than Casper
This just in. Cheyenne is better than Casper. That's what Money Magazine just said in a brand new ranking. I'm gonna prove them wrong with science.
Residents of the Wyoming capital can enjoy both the outdoors and a decent cost of living—health insurance expenses and housing costs both fall well below the national media—little economic distress, and one of the best inter-city average travel times on our list.
- Casper is 2.6% less expensive than Cheyenne overall
- Casper housing costs are 19.6% less than Cheyenne housing costs
- Violent crime is about 2% less likely to happen in Casper compared to Cheyenne
- Education costs are less in Casper than Cheyenne
- Casper has 16.1% less rainy days than Cheyenne
Cheyenne does have Frontier Days, so I'll give them that. They also have more cows. Yes, if you love bovines, go to Cheyenne.
But, if you think it's tough buying an affordable home in Casper, check out Cheyenne. Yikes.
I want to be clear that I have nothing against our Wyoming neighbors to the south. Cheyenne is a great place with lots to do especially when Frontier Days is roaring. But, better than Casper? Sorry, Money Magazine, I ain't buying it.